JOIN US in spreading the word about 22q11.2 deletion and duplication during November’s 22q Awareness Month — the largest campaign of the year to raise awareness and funds for The International 22q11.2 Foundation!
“What’s 22q?” … Our goal during this month is to let the world know what a complex condition this is, how much support is sometimes required, and how these amazing, beautiful children overcome many obstacles to survive and thrive! Not forgetting the few that are lost far, far too soon. We want the world to know all our stories and to recognize the beauty within these individuals.
You are important and we need you to get the word out about 22q11.2 Syndromes. There are many ways you can get involved to make a difference and shine the light on 22q!
Light up the Night for 22q11.2!
Tips for individuals who wish to send the letter by email to their local government or organization:
- Save the Lighting Letter 2023 pdf file onto your drive or cloud;
- Use Adobe Acrobat Reader (not your browser) to open the saved file;
- Type in the name of the building and the city/town;
- Save the file again;
- Attach the file onto the email message that you send to the government or organization.
Tips for individuals who wish to send the letter by post to their local government or organization:
- Print the Lighting Letter 2023 file
- Write in the name of the building and the city/town;
- Mail the letter to the government or organization.
The History of 22q Awareness Month
22q Awareness Month began in 2014, when proud Mom, Raj Hemus, created a Facebook Page, called 22qAwarenessDays, that has now grown to over 10,000 followers! Raj asked if the International 22q11.2 Foundation would share her site on our website and social media outlets – and of course, we agreed – as we all have the same drive to help further the mission to raise awareness, and help people learn about 22q11.2 deletion and duplication — the most common genetic syndrome no one has ever heard of!